Web Hosting Automation Made Easy - All the tools you need to start a web hosting business today.
WHMCS takes care of automating things so you don't have to, saving you valuable time and money.
Sending invoices, collecting payments, taxes, reminders and more are all a thing of the past with WHMCS.
Web & Domains
Integrated with all the leading web hosting control panels and domain registrars for automatic provisioning and management.
Integrated support tools give you a client portal complete with ticketing, knowledgebase, downloads and more.
Modular, extensible, well documented API's and ORM all make developing with and customising WHMCS easy.
Secure & Scalable
WHMCS is a secure, dependable and scalable solution designed for businesses of all sizes and backed by an awesome support team.
WHMCS is the leading web hosting management and billing software that automates all aspects of your business from billing, provisioning, domain reselling, support, and more. WHMCS easily integrates with all the leading control panels, payment processors, domain registrars, and cloud service providers.
WHMCS is the No. 1 billing and management software for cPanel powered web hosts. Give your customers a more seamless user experience between control panel, billing, and support with WHMCS cPanel integration.
To install WHMCS, you can use the following process:
Required file and folder permissions
- Unzip the contents of the .zip file to a folder on your computer.
- Rename the configuration.php.new to configuration.php.
- Upload the entire whmcs folder to your website. If you experience problems, try uploading the folder in binary mode.
- Optionally, rename the folder (for example, billing).
The administration area uses an admin folder. You cannot use admin as the installation folder name.
- Navigate to the installation script at domain.com/whmcs/install/install.php to run the installation. If you see an ionCube-related error message, perform the ionCube steps above.
- Follow the instructions to install WHMCS, including setting file permissions (see below), entering your license key, and setting up your primary administrator account.
- Delete the installation folder from your web server and check the configuration.php file permissions again.
The directory example permissions above may be overly permissive. I.E. world read/write permission might not be necessary or appropriate for your hosting environment:
- /configuration.php CHMOD 400 Readable
- /attachments CHMOD 777 Writable
- /downloads CHMOD 777 Writable
- /templates_c CHMOD 777 Writable
- For suPHP or PHP suEXEC, you will need to restrict directories further. If you use DSO as your PHP handler, you must use 644 permissions.
- Limit access to only the account that owns the web server process. Make sure that no other system or user accounts can read your configuration file or modify any WHMCS-related files.
Download WHMCS - Web Hosting Billing & Automation Platform - Latest version: