Shows a list of similar threads when a user is creating or viewing a thread.
The Similar threads add-on will do the following:
- Show a list of similar threads when a user is creating a new thread.
- Show a list of similar threads when a user is viewing a thread.
- Forum view permissions honored. If a member doesn't have permission to view certain forums, similar threads will not be shown from those forums.
- Supports standard search or enhanced search.
- All phrases start with similarthreads_ for your convenience.
Normally you will want to set "Yes" for the following two user groups:
- Unregistered / Unconfirmed
Admin control panel -> Setup Enhanced search -> Enable similar threads widget
Admin control panel -> Setup Enhanced search -> Search for similar threads when users are creating new threads
Enabling Similar threads enhanced search:
To enable Enhanced search, select in the Options page. Enhanced search gives better similar thread results because it can use stemming.
Question and answers:
Q: Do I ever have to rebuild the search or thread indexes to use this add-on?
Q: Are thread titles and posts searched?
A: Only thread titles are searched.
Q: Is the "View threads by others" set to No or Never honored?
A: No. You will need to exclude those forums in the options page.
Q: In order to use Enhanced search option, do I need to install XenForo Enhanced search?