Load Separate CSS - Improve CSS performance with HTTP/2

Load Separate CSS - Improve CSS performance with HTTP/2

Load-Separate-CSS-Improve-CSS-performance-with-HTTP2.webp

Only for XenVn addon version 1.9.x

For webservers running HTTP/2 or higher, one of the key advantages is the support for multiplexing. Multiplexing allows for multiple resource requests (like JavaScript and CSS) to be handled concurrently, reducing overhead and boosting page load speeds.

With the XenVn add-on, we've optimized this functionality by refining how CSS requests are made.
  • The core CSS, which is consistent across all pages, continues to be bundled into a single request.
  • CSS specific to individual templates or pages will now be requested separately, rather than bundled together.
For a clearer representation of these changes, see below.

Before:
HTML:
You must log in to view
(2 lines)

After:
HTML:
You must log in to view
(5 lines)

By making these requests individually and unbundling the CSS from others, this allows the individual templates to be cached and reused more effectively across different pages.

Load Separate CSS.webp

Activate the feature at: [XenVn] Extra -> Mod View -> Loading Separate CSS.
By default the css file "public:extra.less" will be loaded. If you don't use it, disable it at:
Appearance-> Styles-> Your Style - Style properties -> Basic options -> Use public:extra.less template.
Improve-CSS-performance-with-HTTP2.webp

A Quick Overview of HTTP/2
  • HTTP/2 is a new Protocol that is replacing HTTP/1.1 thats currently de-facto standard of web.
  • Main motivation behind it is Performance.
  • Its backward compatible. Clients and browsers can use HTTP/1.1 as usual if they don't support HTTP/2.
  • With HTTP/2, SSL is recommended for performance reasons, but not compulsory.
Check your server supports HTTP/2:
tools.keycdn.com/http2-test

Last edited:
Hello,

By default the css file "public:extra.less" will be loaded. If you don't use it, disable it at:
Appearance-> Styles-> Your Style - Style properties -> Basic options -> Use public:extra.less template.

If the file in the field I quoted above is active and in use, won't anything change?
Unfortunately, despite activating the add-on and checking the required option, the initial performance values on mobile did not increase :(

@qene10
In theory, it will make website loading performance better. How effective it is depends on many other things.

Combine with the Optimize Font Awesome feature (rebuild Font Awesome cache) for better performance.

If I use extra.less template, will this feature be disabled, that's what I wanted to ask.
because the low rates are on mobile only related to js vs css files.

unfortunately the improvements didn't work for me, even though I was very happy :(
there was no improvement in the "Performance" score on the mobile side.

Code:
You must log in to view
(1 lines)

Code:
You must log in to view
(8 lines)

Code:
You must log in to view
(13 lines)

I think the error messages at the top might be related to the new update?
They appear more when the tick added to the theme options is checked.