xenvn

Hampel - Content BbCode - Xenforo 2 2.0.2

Hampel - Content BbCode Note: v2.0 of this addon is a re-release of my existing "[thread] and [post] BBCode" addon with a new addon ID. If you previously used this addon, it should automatically upgrade when installing this new version - but otherwise, just uninstall the old addon before installing this new one - no data will be lost.

This addon creates additional BBCodes for linking to various content found on XenForo forums:
  • thread
  • tag
  • xfmg
    • media
    • category
    • album
    • thumbnail
  • forum (node)
  • prefix
    • thread
    • resource
  • resource
The search tag has options allowing you to link to searches across multiple content types:
  • forums
  • threads
  • media
  • media comments
  • user profiles
  • tags
  • Google
    • site search
    • web search
    • image search
    • map search
    • video search
    • news search
This addon was originally created to replicate the [THREAD] and [POST] BBCodes which were used in vBulletin and may be present in post content after migration.

I've basically aimed to reproduce the original vBulletin (v3.8.x) functionality of simply rendering a link to a thread or post with the user supplied link text - if the user does not have permission to access the thread or post, they'll find out when they click the link! Thread titles are not rendered automatically, so there is no risk of information leakage.

The main reason you'd want to use this addon is if you have migrated content from vBulletin or another forum which uses [thread] and [post] BBCodes.

The additional BBCode tags were added primarily to support some forum statistics scripts I had written for my sites as I needed a way of programmatically generating links which were also independent of the site URL.

If you just want to use the thread and post tags, you can always disable the other custom bbcode tags in the admin UI.

Attachments

Back
Top Bottom